Format Rules for Form Rules

I’m looking to add some interest to my data entry forms by using color but I noticed my format rules are not being applied to Form Views automatically. Based on a few searches here it seems format rules should apply to form views as well. I remember this happening automatically before. Is there a setting I should update?

Can someone assist?

0 11 696
  • UX
11 REPLIES 11

If you are looking for a dynamic formatting on your form view, I’m afraid that’s not possible because format rules are applied only when you save the form, not when you are filling.

Thanks Aleksi

Aleksi,

If I have data displayed in a form that is already saved and I view it for EDITING purposes, can I apply formatting rules? I want to alert the user certain values appear.

Unfortunately that doesn’t work because that format rule is applied when you save again. It doesn’t matter is it an existing value or a new one.

Thanks. I was afraid of that.

You could use a virtual column of type Show and category Text to conditionally display a message.

See also:

How do you get this to work with virtual columns? I created a virtual text column to show information in forms, but it still doesn’t respond to Format Rules.

You’re welcome

Quick question, how about just fixed formatting? Just colored text?

For example you can use format rules for the Enum values.

Got it. thanks again!

Top Labels in this Space