Format Rules with a (If this is True Condition) dont penetrate inline grouped view?

Hey Everyone,

Im wondering if this is standard behaviour.

Format Rules don’t Penetrate into a grouped inline view if they are based on a condition.

Has anyone else experienced this? If I take the condition away it works fine, but I dont want to have everything formatted.

I know my condition is correct because the same columns are used for my Headers in my Detail view which do get formatted. I take the condition away and the grouped inline view and the header get formatted.

Yes the above is in a DashBoard. I have a In_Line Table View Grouped, coupled with a Detail view in a dashboard.

Thanks for your time,

Solved Solved
0 4 239
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, Ive figured it out.
It was do to me using a slice. Once I made a referenced View of the Slice, than the format rules started taking effect in the inline view. Not sure exactly why this had to be done but works very well. Shows the user where to navigate deep into grouped items.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

What does this mean?

Its means thee format rule does not take effect.
Lets say I want the text to be blue based on a condition, it wont if its in a grouped table view, but if its in a detail view it will, and if I have both side by side in dashboard, I can see it works on the detail view yet not in the grouped table view.

What’s the condition?

Can you provide some screenshots please?

Ok, Ive figured it out.
It was do to me using a slice. Once I made a referenced View of the Slice, than the format rules started taking effect in the inline view. Not sure exactly why this had to be done but works very well. Shows the user where to navigate deep into grouped items.

Top Labels in this Space