Formatting for Headers in Detail View

Hello all!

I have some headers in my detail view that I made with blank columns & show.

I would like to make some of these headers a different color so that they pop out of the other text more. Is there any way to do this? Not seeing any option and when I select the blank column in the formatting, nothing happens.

Thanks!

0 5 1,206
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Participant V

How did you do this?

Formatting rules should work fine with Show columns.

Iโ€™ve tried a couple things. I tried leaving the โ€œIf this condition is trueโ€ field blank, or saying โ€œTRUEโ€ or โ€œFALSEโ€ and nothing happens. I want it to be highlighted & bolded in green. Right now it is white. I have column 7 selected which is my show column, and the head is โ€œGeneral Plant Informationโ€. Including a screen shot of nothing happening lolโ€ฆ

Hi @Miranda_Lubarsky,

As Steve mentioned , I believe you should be able to format the show columns and display them with formatted colors in form and detail view.

Could you confirm, by blank columns you mean show columns? If so, you should be able to format the show columns. Please see the example below

Form view

2X_8_833fe79c664784c7e7cd0f954445f31e4c004b6d.png

Detail View
Hope you have switched on the setting โ€œInclude Show columns in detail viewsโ€ under UX --> Options

2X_e_e3f4998ba32b99c46a5c4e15ad7e7fd7fd26de7b.png

Yes I do mean show columns, and yes it is switched on.

Hi @Miranda_Lubarsky,

Thank you for the updates.

In case you are using Show type column with Page Header category , then could you please try converting the category to section header for that show type cloumn? You can then use format rules to increase the font size, make it bold in addition to changing color of Section Header category Show type column.

Top Labels in this Space