Formatting the cxv on export csv behavior

Hello,
Is it possible to format the csv column order & sorting when using the export csv behavior?
Thank you!
Jennie

Solved Solved
0 1 436
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I do not use a CSV Format function but in what I have read it relies on the order of the columns (and rows for that matter) based on the view you are initiating the export from.

There are two ways, you can order the columns.

1. Since it is likely a Table View, you can go directly to the Table View definition and assign to the view the columns you wish displayed as well as the order of those columns.

1. You can create a Slice which allows you specify which columns are included and then order the columns. You can also apply a filter to remove rows if needed. Then you simply use this slice as the datasource for the view.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I do not use a CSV Format function but in what I have read it relies on the order of the columns (and rows for that matter) based on the view you are initiating the export from.

There are two ways, you can order the columns.

1. Since it is likely a Table View, you can go directly to the Table View definition and assign to the view the columns you wish displayed as well as the order of those columns.

1. You can create a Slice which allows you specify which columns are included and then order the columns. You can also apply a filter to remove rows if needed. Then you simply use this slice as the datasource for the view.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space