Forms - Finish View

Hi. I have a form that records a daily check list for Fabrication Hardware. The checklist is the same for each piece of hardware but I have to create a separate row for each piece of hardware too. I have 6 Chainsaws numbered 001 - 006. When I complete the check for 001 is there a seamless way for me to automatically load the next form with the checklist for 002 and then 003 and so on.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Solved Solved
0 10 1,651
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeventK
Participant V

@MauriceWhelan
You can create separate LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsawXXX_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) actions for each ChainsawXXX_Form view (from 002 to 006) and assign them to the Form Saved action of successive ChainsawXXX_Form views (from 001 to 005). The next form will seamlessly pop-up upon preceeding form is saved. I mean:

LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsaw002_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) Form Saved action for Chainsaw001_Form,
LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsaw003_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) Form Saved action for Chainsaw002_Form
LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsaw006_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) Form Saved action for Chainsaw005_Form

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

LeventK
Participant V

@MauriceWhelan
You can create separate LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsawXXX_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) actions for each ChainsawXXX_Form view (from 002 to 006) and assign them to the Form Saved action of successive ChainsawXXX_Form views (from 001 to 005). The next form will seamlessly pop-up upon preceeding form is saved. I mean:

LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsaw002_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) Form Saved action for Chainsaw001_Form,
LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsaw003_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) Form Saved action for Chainsaw002_Form
LINKTOFORM (โ€œChainsaw006_Formโ€,โ€œIDโ€,UNIQUEID()) Form Saved action for Chainsaw005_Form

Hi Levent,
thanks for all of your help on this forum. I am trying to use the โ€œLINKTOFORMโ€ in this exact way, attaching it to โ€œForm Savedโ€ action, but there is also an input above called โ€œFinish View.โ€ This โ€œFinish Viewโ€ seems to overrule the โ€œForm Saved Action.โ€ In the โ€œFinish Viewโ€ Input, there seems to be no way for me to select my โ€œLINKTOFORMโ€ action.

I am pretty new to this forum, so I am not sure how to properly document my problem. Thanks for you help

Thank you @LeventK/ Can I just ask what ID & UNIQUEID() refer to here in your expression. Are they just examples of additional information that can be used in the expression. I do want to set the value of a column called [Hardware] in each form to Chainsaw2, Chainsaw3 etcโ€ฆ

LeventK
Participant V

@MauriceWhelan
Iโ€™m referring to the key column and its preset value pair with the โ€œIDโ€ and UNIQUEID(). You can rename the key column as per your tableโ€™s structure. You can add as many {ColumnName, InitialValue} pairs as you want besides that {Key, InitialValue} pair i.e.

LINKTOFORM(โ€œChainsaw001_Formโ€, โ€œIDโ€, UNIQUEID, โ€œHardwareโ€,โ€œAnyValueYouWantโ€, โ€œAnotherColumn1โ€, โ€œAnotherValueโ€, โ€œAnotherColumn2โ€, IFS([AnotherColumn1]=โ€œThisโ€, โ€œThatโ€, TRUE, โ€œHelloWorldโ€))

Great thank you @LeventK. It is working perfectly. Can I ask an additional question? When the user does a check on these 6 items today I want the values set today to be the initial value tomorrow and so on but based on the value in the [Hardware] Column of the form being filled out. I know I need to create a VC with formula MAXROW(โ€œChainsaw Checksโ€,_RowNumber,???) The ??? is the value in the [Hardware Column] but not sure of the correct syntax.

Maybe you could you advise?

LeventK
Participant V

@MauriceWhelan
Provided you have a timestamp column in that table, just create a MAXROW(...) expression and as it will be working as a ref, you can de-ref any desired columnโ€™s value as the initial value. You can specify it directly in the LINKTOFORM with

LINKTOFORM("Chainsaw002_Form", "ID", UNIQUEID(), "Hardware", [MaxRowColumnName].[Hardware])

Thank you very much @LeventK

Hi @LeventK. Havenโ€™t got it working 100%. I have

VC called [Previous Record Detail] with App Formula MAXROW(โ€œFabrication - Master Checkโ€,โ€œTimestampโ€)
Action with Target LINKTOFORM(โ€œElectric Plainers 2โ€,โ€œRecord IDโ€,UNIQUEID(),โ€œHardwareโ€,[Previous Record Detail].[Hardware])
I have set the initial value of field for [Hardware] to pull in the value from the previous day but the problem I am having is that is pulling in the overall maxrow value from the sheet.

So for example on the second day of checks I need all day 1 values returned for form one and the same for form 2 etcโ€ฆ

With the above the initial values on form 1 for the second dayโ€™s checks are for the max row overall i.e. Electric Plainers 6 instead of Electric Plainers 1.

Hope that makes sense. What is it that I might be missing?

@MauriceWhelan
You need to create a MAXROW(โ€ฆ) separately for each of the Chainsaws so that the ref/de-ref will locate the correct value from that filtered ref list. For example like this:

MAXROW(โ€œFabrication - Master Checkโ€,โ€œTimestampโ€, ([Hardware]="Chainsaw002"))

and letโ€™s assume that you have named it like [C002_Prev_Recs]. Now when setting the LINKTOFORM deep link for Chainsaw002, you can now refer to the de-ref expression to retrieve last previous record(s) for Chainsaw002 as an initial value in the form.

LINKTOFORM("Chainsaw002_Form", "ID", UNIQUEID(), "ColumnA", [C002_Prev_Recs].[ColumnA], "ColumnB", [C002_Prev_Recs].[ColumnB])

Hope I have understood your issue correctly.

Hi @LeventK. I think you understood perfectly because it seems to be working as I need it based on your advice.

Many thanks again for all your advice. It is such a great help.

Top Labels in this Space