Formula in show column

Hi, can anyone confirm whether you can use an IF statement in the Content of a Image show column?

I have an image that has text on it and when using a mobile device the text gets quite small so I created a mobile friendly version of the image where the text is proportional. I then tried to set the content value as an expression:

IF(CONTEXT(โ€œDeviceโ€)=โ€œBrowserโ€,โ€œInfo1.pngโ€,โ€œInfo2.pngโ€)

Both images load if I just set the content to โ€œInfo1.pngโ€ or โ€œInfo2.pngโ€

Am I just trying to be too clever? Thanks for any insight.

0 3 138
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

An expression in the Content property of a Show column should work just fine. In what way isnโ€™t it working as you expect? Can you provide screenshots showing the problem?

Thanks for responding. The image is not displayed on either browser or mobile. I just get the square icon that is typical when the image cannot be found. Even if the condition was not met, the false value should still be shown. I am not using the full path to the images but changing the condition to be just โ€œInfo2.pngโ€ works just fine.

I can get a screenshot if needed tomorrow.

That behavior is unexpected, though I must admit Iโ€™ve never tried to use a conditional with a Show Image. Iโ€™m going to have to suggest you engage support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space