FREE Chrome Extension that enhances the Expression Assistant

Great! Thanks!!

1 Like

All over it man!

1 Like

@Stefan_Quartemont what are the odds of resizable font in the editor? I find the default font too large for me :[

Thanks for continued development on this!

@Jonathon does zooming out on the browser a step or two shrink everything else too small? Otherwise that would work in the meantime.

So cool! Thanks a million!

1 Like

Got a suggestion:

4 Likes

I’m getting a lot of good use out of this extension. Thanks again. I noticed one little thing that I think might be improved upon.

For the most part, when you type, text that is to the right of the cursor is automatically shifted to the right (that is, text to the right is preserved while the new text is inserted). Here’s a situation, however, where that doesn’t work:

The situation here is that I need to put “[Last update]”, which is a ChangeTimestamp column inside of DATETIME() in order to get rid of the error.

Inserting “datetime(” to the left of “[Last update]” works without a problem:

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 19.37.00

However, when I put the cursor between “[Last update]” and the first closing parenthesis, typing “)” merely overwrites the first parenthesis. Typing “)” again overwrites the second and typing one more time adds the desired third parenthesis.

Since mismatched parentheses can be a problem, it would be nice if this could be improved.

Even if this is hard to fix, the extension is great and I really appreciate it. Just thought I’d let you know what I noticed.

@Kirk_Masden - I’ve also noticed this quirk. It’s a behavior of the Auto-Closing Brackets and Tags setting
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 2.36.29 PM
You may try to adjust the the settings to fit your liking.

A work-around for that is to just arrow over to the position after the last closing tag and then update it.

2 Likes

Thanks! I wasn’t aware of those settings. I’ll adjust them.

@Stefan_Quartemont I’m loving it!

But when you get a long formula, the column bit at the bottom goes away:

Maybe have a toggle for the auto-expansion of the text field?

(Side note: I really like how you can resize the box with the standard AppSheet interface, maybe add that capability on top of the auto-expansion?)

Cheers!

2 Likes

Found all my snipits gone this morning… :cry:

NOOOOOOOO!!! The snippets are cached in the browser memory, so it will delete the snippets if you clear the cache.

I’ve been looking at a way to export/import snippets, but have not had the time to tool it in.

Really sorry about that, Matt

2 Likes

No worries, most of them were just little extra bits - nothing crazy essential. :slight_smile:

One thing though - we need a way to be able to shrink the expression builder - without having to delete/cut my whole formula - in order to see the stuff at the bottom.

Love it man, this is really helpful. The docs, the schema! OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo helpful :nerd_face:

1 Like

Amazing tool, but starting within the last few weeks, there’s this crazy annoying bug.

Whenever I mouse click the coding box (or sometimes the save button itself), an extra code box appears, preventing me from saving! I’m using Chrome.

That is interesting. We will look into that and see what we can do.

3 Likes

Well that is not good. We will look into that and see what we can do.

3 Likes

@Sean_Lim are you using any other chrome extensions that are modifying the HTML or styling of the page??

Actually yes! I just found the culprit (a web highlighter extension) and when I disabled it, the extra window did not pop up.

Extension: #1 Web & PDF Highlighter - LINER

2 Likes

You might look at charging for storing snippets and moreover ‘code’ libraries as service. I have been seeking reuseability of expressions and other items (like the definitions Data tables, Slices, views, actions and workflows) from Appsheet for years, but its never a priority despite a growing band of regular users and resellers. You could even have an option to make part of these libraries open to sharing and collaboration.

If paying a bit makes this happen sooner, then it would probably be worth a few dollars a year/month, for a significant productivity boost.

1 Like

Colin, you make a great point.

We have some ideas cooking on a “Pro” version of the extension or something like it.

There are many more cool things can be done in the realm of giving people more control of their AppSheet Meta Data.

2 Likes