FREE Chrome Extension that enhances the Expression Assistant

Great! Thanks!!

1 Like

All over it man!

1 Like

@Stefan_Quartemont what are the odds of resizable font in the editor? I find the default font too large for me :[

Thanks for continued development on this!

@Jonathon does zooming out on the browser a step or two shrink everything else too small? Otherwise that would work in the meantime.

So cool! Thanks a million!

1 Like

Got a suggestion:

3 Likes

I’m getting a lot of good use out of this extension. Thanks again. I noticed one little thing that I think might be improved upon.

For the most part, when you type, text that is to the right of the cursor is automatically shifted to the right (that is, text to the right is preserved while the new text is inserted). Here’s a situation, however, where that doesn’t work:

The situation here is that I need to put “[Last update]”, which is a ChangeTimestamp column inside of DATETIME() in order to get rid of the error.

Inserting “datetime(” to the left of “[Last update]” works without a problem:

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 19.37.00

However, when I put the cursor between “[Last update]” and the first closing parenthesis, typing “)” merely overwrites the first parenthesis. Typing “)” again overwrites the second and typing one more time adds the desired third parenthesis.

Since mismatched parentheses can be a problem, it would be nice if this could be improved.

Even if this is hard to fix, the extension is great and I really appreciate it. Just thought I’d let you know what I noticed.

@Kirk_Masden - I’ve also noticed this quirk. It’s a behavior of the Auto-Closing Brackets and Tags setting
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 2.36.29 PM
You may try to adjust the the settings to fit your liking.

A work-around for that is to just arrow over to the position after the last closing tag and then update it.

1 Like

Thanks! I wasn’t aware of those settings. I’ll adjust them.

@Stefan_Quartemont I’m loving it!

But when you get a long formula, the column bit at the bottom goes away:

Maybe have a toggle for the auto-expansion of the text field?

(Side note: I really like how you can resize the box with the standard AppSheet interface, maybe add that capability on top of the auto-expansion?)

Cheers!

2 Likes