Freeze 1st row of name

While making app under data>> column

It is hard to scroll right and left

And when scrolled horizontally it does not show first row.( Name)

So it is hard to make decision of search, scan,nfc display name

Status Under Review
63 15 1,324
15 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

YEEESSS!

Whenever I needed to check the name of the column I was working on, I would click on the empty space for the row (this creates a sort of highlight around the whole row) then track it back to the name.

Having the names freeze on the left side of the screen would be SUPER helpful.

Thanks for suggesting, and thanks to the AppSheet team for considering! (^_^)

APiCC_Conor
Silver 3
Silver 3

This would be a huge improvement!

Jonathan_S

omg, Reading this made me feel like I was on Crack or something. Definitely needed.

Countless times Ive bean Scrolling to the top sometimes over and over after a few drinks, Would really help

Jonathan_S

Anything on this feature yet? seems trivial. But would make a large impact on efficiency

pravse
Staff

This is one of those “obviously you should do it” features that has nevertheless been difficult to implement (in fact, we want to freeze the top row and the first column).
The reason is that this isn’t natively supported in HTML tables. So it always involves some arcane work that then might break some other things. It sounds like it should be simple though,

I know we tried doing this a year and a half ago and failed to get it to work in a stable way (I tried personally and failed but I’m not a UI dev expert).
We’ll try to take another swing at this now that we have more experts at Google.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

This continues to be a nagging problem. By mistake I added a duplicate feature request as this post was not titled “Name Column” but referred to “Row”. Same issue so I am moving my vote over here to combine forces!

Duplicate: Freeze Column NAME in editor - #8 by Mike

elco

Why would they give us such an obvious and useful feature!? The most time you spend on AppSheet the more money you spend on AppSheet, it’s just good business.

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

But I don’t pay by the time I spend actually using the platform, I pay by the month.

It’s just… I dunno… oversight (putting it kindly) on their part.

elco

But if it takes you 9 months to develop and app rather than 3 months…

Things like this are rarely oversight. If it was, why is it still not a priority been over a year. This was a conscious decision.

They simply don’t value it enough to spend their limited resources on this “feature”. Everyone has limited resources, they would rather every developer to pay the price by being slow when working.

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

The salt is real today (For me too: I’m having issues with Automation - kinda salty right now as well. lol)

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4
  • Got this inside our apps - not inside the editor.
    3X_a_d_adb37e4dbb5d7dd6c85cdd1a0e8f3347920b615f.gif

(And this is the 2nd legit feature request for this I’ve found; this one has 44 votes!)

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

still hoping one day we will see this in the editor (where the user experience matters as well).

Ratatosk
Silver 5
Silver 5

I just hold the mouse over the row, and shift+scroll.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager