Freeze Column NAME in editor

So rather than just commenting in another thread, I realized I should add this as a feature request so it can be re-considered…

Question: How many times have you been editing the column setup in your app and been frustrated when you scrolled to the right to check column attributes and the NAME of the column disappeared from view, and then you had to scroll left again and try to remember the row you were on before scrolling back to the right? Ugh!!

For example, I want to quickly check which columns are searchable and get dizzy scrolling left and right and forgetting which row I was looking at!

How about just freezing the first NAME column in the editor view so you don’t lose track of the column NAME as you scroll right? Would really help the efficiency and reduce frustrations.

3X_7_d_7db1f43d565c6e639f44d4904ee712021dce7315.jpeg

Status Under Review
21 11 818
11 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

This topic needs the bump, as this is something of a high priority for users - but it’s been requested… like years ago.

Thanks for the bump - maybe now we’ll get it. 3X_a_d_adb37e4dbb5d7dd6c85cdd1a0e8f3347920b615f.gif

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Just felt like I needed to bring it back as it’s a basic editor design gap and creates a lot of “friction” to the experience, that only gets worse as you add more columns…

Lynn
Gold 1
Gold 1

I would vote but I dont have any left.

takuya_miyai
Silver 5
Silver 5

To solve this problem, I am using a 4K monitor with dot-by-dot.
A very uncool solution,…

I hope it will be supported as a standard feature.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Lol! That’s quite the solution @Takuya_Miyai

Arthur_Rallu
Staff

Hi I’d recommend you all put your votes in this post. This seems to be the same feature. It’s easier to see that people are asking for it. The 5 votes here could make the other request go from 29 to 34.

Mike_A
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Good point. I did a search for freeze COLUMN so I missed this post that was titled “Row”. I will cross reference from that post and vote there.

Phu_Doan

This topic needs to go to the top. I voted

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

Got this inside our apps - not inside the editor.
3X_a_d_adb37e4dbb5d7dd6c85cdd1a0e8f3347920b615f.gif

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: Under Review
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mike_A we started making usability improvements in the Editor in October 2022 and will keep on rolling out changes in the future. This issue should be addressed down the line as they work through QA and testing! We'll keep you all posted in the Release Notes area.