From a form it is possible to add or modify a list ....?

Hello everybody.
First of all, again I thank everyone who always collaborates to help me with my doubts …

Again I need your help. Step to comment.
In the app that I am developing, one of the screens that I designed, I need to be able to add data to a list (Rtus_Instalados_UPD )that is inside a form( PLANIFICACIONES_PRUBAS_FORM).

As can be seen in the images, the list (Rtus_Instalados_UPD) is a virtual column that refers to a slice, which allows only modification and adding data to a related table.

I can’t understand where the problem is, could you please tell me if I’m making a mistake, or maybe a list can’t be added or modified from the form …?

Again thank you very much.

0 2 303
2 REPLIES 2

First, any column with an App Formula is never editable, and Virtual Columns always have App Formulas.

Second, there is a single “special case” for adding of related records from a Form, and that is “through” a REF_ROWS() VC pointing to child records. And for it to work from inside a Form, the Ref column in the child Table must have isPartOf turned on. To note additionally, even when adding records through the REF_ROWS VC, you still aren’t “editing” the VC, you’re simply adding a new record, and the VC is re-calculating.

When you say you want to “modify a list”, do you mean you need to add new child records?

hi Marc, thanks for all your shared wisdom. Yes, when you said that I want to modify a list, I mean to add data to the table that the list represents.

Again, thank you very much for your shared wisdom, and I am grateful, if possible, for sharing an example so that I can further fix my knowledge and be able, at some point, not to ask questions that for “many” are obvious. again, thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space