From date - to date using workdays and linktoform?

I’m in need of a little help here.
I have a app where my workers register if they are sick or on vacation.
Its based on a spesific date registration.
Now they want a function to register from date and to date to spare registration time.

I now have a column for “date” witch i can use as “from date”.
Can i set up a virtual column to get the “to date”?

And how can i get one row pr. date for all the dates including from and to date in my data sheet? We ar not working weekends so i guess i have to use WORKDAY() in my expression somewhere. Is LINKTOFORM the way to do this?

0 14 636
14 REPLIES 14

Hi, are you able to add a new Date field to your existing table so they are able to fill it at the same time when they are filling the “From date”?

Yes, i can do that Instead of a virtual column then?

Yes. You can’t fill any values into virtual column. It’s for calcuations.

Yes, off course it is! And what kind of expression can i use when i have added a to date column?

You don’t need any formula for that column. User just manually fills the “To Date”.

Yes, and how can i get one row pr. date for all the dates including from and to date in my data sheet? We ar not working weekends so i guess i have to use WORKDAY() in my expression somewhere. Is LINKTOFORM the way to do this?

Do you need to create two different records like one for the From Date and one for To Date?

Yes, and for all the dates inbetween

I have added a “to date” column now. And i’ve tried set up an action without luck. Not very good at this i’m afraid. I think the expression i want is a little out of my league

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Creating a number of rows can be a complex and potentially problematic effort. Why do you need one row per date?

The app is set up and all functions is based on dates and times. And per date. I guess i can do it manualy in the datasheet, but i was hoping not to
Is there any other way i can to this? And capture each date from, to and inbetween in separate rows?

Is that to say the app is designed to expect one row per date and only one date per row? Knowing nothing of how your app works, I have to wonder if it would be easier to restructure the app to handle a date range within a row, rather than just a single date?

My app is designed to register tasks during workdays. One user can have multible tasks registered each day. Every task has a date column, preferably TODAY. And every task generates a row. So many rows can have the same workdate.

They also have to register when they are sick or on vacation as an optional task. And this is where my workers want to register from date and to date. So they dont have to register 15 times if they have 3 weeks vacay for example.

I have a slice where my workers can see each registration per date, sorted ascending. (History) If i can’t get the rows to copy all dates it will show blank dates for dates in between and the to date.

In the calendar view, also a slice. This captures when i set from date, to date. But the view isn’t working correctly (mailed support on this). But my workers still want the history slice as a tool. This gives a detailed view.

My database/datasheet is set up to capture all information, bases on dates and hours. It’s used to link all hours to a spesific department in the background.
I might do a count expression on dates and multiply it with working hours using a virtual column or something to get the correct hours. But that gives me just a halfway solution

Steve can i maybe do something like this?

Virtual column for count of days (WORKDAYS) in from date - to date. And a deeplink expression, LINKTOFORM, IFS, count of days = 6, then … … … … …

Or can i use a virtual column to count and then set up som kind of action towards it?
Can

This is way out of mye competence, i know. But there must be some kind of solution to this

Or i just have to set up a e-mail to myself every time someone uses this in app and manually copy and edit the rows in mye sheet

Top Labels in this Space