From Filtered View, Go to Details View

Hello. I have a table which feeds my initial view and is sorted and grouped by an industry column. Once I click a row (to pick an industry), I can see the items with that industry in common. Next, Iโ€™m trying to figure out a way to SELECT one of the items and show it in a detailed view. It seems that since Iโ€™m going from one view (of a table) to a filtered list (same table) that I canโ€™t run another action on it. Can anyone assist? Iโ€™ve tried creating an action, but maybe I am not creating the correct expression to say I want to see a detailed view of this one row from my data.

0 3 211
3 REPLIES 3

Based on my understanding, it seems that you donโ€™t need an action for this grouped view. Please provide screen shoots of the emulator views, and also the View Options (Sort by and Group by).

In the tabular view, try adding the required columns in group by , it gives a digging behavior. I guess no need of new actions or expressions.

To clarify - I started with this sample app: https://www.appsheet.com/samples?appGuidString=98b9e8ce-6bb7-4d79-b512-671d88487e32. Itโ€™s a directory app, grouped by industry. Once you click on an industry, I would like to be able to select one of the businesses from the list. But for some reason, the action on the sample is not happening on my rendition.

I just turned an action I built off, and it started working. I think Iโ€™m good for now. Thank you for your responses.

Top Labels in this Space