Front/Rear Camera Control

Jonathan_S
Participant V

I propose we have the ability to control how the camera opens for each individual Image based Column.

I’m proposing a toggle.

Default: Front
Default: Rear.

Currently it is always the rear facing camera that opens. This is pretty annoying in situations where you always need to front facing camera for certain columns.

Status Open
14 9 499
9 Comments
Shenzou
Participant I

I would also be happy with feature

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Amen, Keep them coming. Lets go!!!

Jonathan_S
Participant V

Anyone Else that would find this helpfull?

So Many Uses.
Keycard scanning after signing in on a stationary front office tablet and registering Key card for Plant access. To Document Contractor hours etc.

Self checkout Production Facility whose store… Barcode scanning of all the products that the plant has produced…

HeadShot Taking… for new employee registration to be entered into company database that is on a company public app for recognition of all employees and roles…

Text TrumpThis @ vote for this Feature. No Charges Apply!!!

Koichi_Tsuji
Participant V

I voted, this is logically in line with any different type of Appsheet usage.
I simply hope this feature request will get through.

Steve
Participant V

???

Jonathan_S
Participant V

I need this Feature to trump all other Features
#Wishfull Thinking

almoonds
Participant I

I also voted. I’m working on an App for Covid19 where people scan their barcode ID to log entrance/exit in a building. The app runs on a tablet so at least the default camera should be front one.
I understand this involve Scandit App embedded in AppSheet so I suppose an update of AppSheet is needed if this feature will be implemented.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

tom136
Observer

Was there any update on this feature? Without a default setting feature the user has to change camera for the relevant fields every time. Understandably this is very annoying for the user.