Gallery view icon size

TimH24

I have an app running with the home page as a gallery view of icons, which each open the relevant form. Works well.

However I’d like to be able to make the icons a bit smaller. It’s currently set to Small which displays the icons 2 across on a phone screen, and 6 down in my case.

Tiny is too small and 4 across.

I’ve discovered through trial and error that the Medium option is the same size icon (2 across) as small. Is this correct?

If small was 3 across it would be perfect (3x4 in my case would fit on the phone screen).

So not sure if this is a bug report (small and medium both 3 across) or a feature request (please make small 3 across), or if there’s some other way to achieve 3 across icons in gallery view.

0 2 335
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Hey Tim, welcome. Glad to hear it’s otherwise working well for you.

I don’t think I’ve got a quick fix for you, but if you can share what mobile device(s) you’re using, think that would be helpful to share with the UX team. I don’t think it will help with the gallery menu you’re solving for on mobile, but for other similar ‘grid menus’, especially tablet/desktop, I’d try using Card Views to create a similar effect.

Thanks Peter.

I’m testing on a Samsung Galaxy S20, but it’s the same on my computer screen in the simulator (in Chrome, Win10 PC).

Actually looking a bit closer (in the simulator) it seems the small is slightly smaller than the medium, but not enough to allow 3 across.

I need to design it specifically for mobile use, as my staff carry a smartphone each but won’t have a tablet handy in the field.

Top Labels in this Space