Garbled output in PDF document

am trying Appsheet and have created a workflow that will alert me of inspection situations, I have chosen to send a message via email to a use. This message will consist of an email body and an attached PDF document.
However I have created a comment field, this field is formatted as LongText and the output on the pdf document is garbled.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Regards

Solved Solved
0 11 239
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good afternoon Gents

I recreated the template and it seems top be fine now, I still have no idea what went wrong the first time just grateful that it working now. I attach an image for your convenience.

Thank you for the assistance!
Regards

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

How is your template set up? Itโ€™s hard to say anything unless we see that setup. Can you post a scrshot from your template?

Hi Levent thank you for your reply.
Attached as requested.

Regards

@Johan_Marais
Is your problem arising from the [Comment] columnโ€™s value?

Hi Levent

That is correct.

I havenโ€™t experienced this kinda error with the LongText fields with my templates. But you can try this workaround and see how it affects.
1.) Create a 1x1 table just under your Comment: header
2.) Cut&paste your placeholder into this table
run the workflow and report us back if it works or not.
I will also chime in @Phil as well.

Are you using custom fonts? See this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2697053-troubleshooting-custom-fonts

If so, eliminate them.

Good morning Gents

I have created a single cell table as you suggested Levent, the displayed output remains the same.
I have gone through the logs as you suggested Phil, being on a free plan the options are limited, fortunately there were results for a workflow and nowhere could I find reference to custom fonts.
I include the output for your convenience:

Audit Log Details
Properties:
{
โ€œAppTemplateVersionโ€: โ€œ1.000086โ€,
โ€œRuleNameโ€: โ€œInspection Failedโ€,
โ€œEventTypeโ€: โ€œChangeโ€,
โ€œInvokedByโ€: โ€œAddโ€,
โ€œServerNameโ€: โ€œprodu3c1a0002EBโ€,
โ€œServerRegionโ€: โ€œWEST-EUโ€,
โ€œIgnoreSecurityFiltersโ€: false,
โ€œTableNameโ€: โ€œInspectionsโ€,
โ€œRuleTableNameโ€: โ€œInspectionsโ€,
โ€œOperationUpdateModeโ€: โ€œADDS_ONLYโ€,
โ€œEventMatchโ€: โ€œWorkflow event successfully matchedโ€,
โ€œConditionโ€: โ€œ=[Status]=โ€œInspection Failedโ€โ€,
โ€œMatchesConditionโ€: โ€œTrueโ€,
โ€œActionResultsโ€: โ€œCreated 1 ActionResultsโ€,
โ€œAction Typeโ€: โ€œEmailโ€,
โ€œAction Nameโ€: โ€œInspection Failedโ€,
โ€œWarningsโ€: โ€œWarning: App version 1.000086 is not deployed. All workflow emails are therefore being sent to the app creator. This email should have gone To โ€˜Johan Maraisโ€™ CCโ€™ed to โ€˜โ€™ and BCCโ€™ed to โ€˜โ€™โ€,
โ€œEmailToโ€: โ€œMYEMAILโ€,
โ€œEmailCCโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailBCCโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œEmailFromDisplayโ€: โ€œMYEMAILโ€,
โ€œEmailReplyToโ€: โ€œnoreply@appsheet.comโ€,
โ€œEmailPreHeaderโ€: โ€œAdd to application โ€˜Complex Detailsโ€™ table โ€˜Inspectionsโ€™ by โ€˜MYEMAILโ€™ at 7/17/2020 8:36:57 AM\r\n[App version 1.000086 is not deployed. All workflow emails are therefore being sent to the app creator. This email should have gone To โ€˜Johan Maraisโ€™ CCโ€™ed to โ€˜โ€™ and BCCโ€™ed to โ€˜โ€™]\r\nโ€,
โ€œEmailSubaccountโ€: โ€œFreeAccountโ€,
โ€œEmailSubjectโ€: โ€œLatest inspection feedbackโ€,
โ€œEmailTitleโ€: โ€œAlert: Add to application โ€˜Complex Detailsโ€™ table โ€˜Inspectionsโ€™โ€,
โ€œEmailAttachmentโ€: โ€œName: โ€˜ChangeReport.pdfโ€™ Archive: AttachAndDoNotArchive FileName: โ€˜โ€™ MIME Type: โ€˜application/pdfโ€™ PageOrientation: โ€˜Portraitโ€™ PageSize: A4 AttachmentByteLength: 0 AttachmentTemplateHasCustomFonts: False AttachmentTextLength: 7796 PDFCount: 1โ€,
โ€œEmailOtherAttachmentsโ€: โ€œโ€,
โ€œAppTemplateNameโ€: โ€œ58788217-5f36-4180-9923-87f91f2edd6cโ€,
โ€œOperationโ€: โ€œWorkflow actionโ€,
โ€œResultโ€: โ€œSuccessโ€

Thank you for the assistance.

Herewith the report where comment is displayed in a single cell table

and then when I changed to a html output.

Thus the report is working, just not in a pdf format and that is the format that I need.

I thought I might just as well try a different app and created something similar on a small scale.
Herewith the result:

This is as expected, I will recreate the template that is the problem and post the output.

Good afternoon Gents

I recreated the template and it seems top be fine now, I still have no idea what went wrong the first time just grateful that it working now. I attach an image for your convenience.

Thank you for the assistance!
Regards

Youโ€™re welcome, glad to hear that you have solved the issue.

Top Labels in this Space