Generate PDF file

Hello everybody,

I request your help to be able to solve the setback that the following situation generates:

Not being able to obtain the name in the report (Image below) that I generate through a virtual column, which depends on two dates, start and end. The virtual column extracts the studentโ€™s name (Student ID) from the payments table, since the payments table is referenced to the student registration table.

Iโ€™ve tried lookup, but it doesnโ€™t work because of the column type difference (list and text).

You can guide me which formula to use to extract the name of the payments table.

Thank you very much for your support.

gpd

3X_a_a_aa67adba152962408df1f7e22197b9d2413f63e9.png

Solved Solved
0 5 275
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Glad to hear it worked !
Remember to tick the post as a solution, if that may help someone else in your case

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @lefarole,

Iโ€™m not sure of fully understand how your data are related, but I understand that the column โ€˜Nombreโ€™ is the result of a lookup, and it seems to return the key_column of your table Students.

Letโ€™s assume the current expression in the your Start sentence is <<[related_student]>>, and that is your virtual column that uses a lookup formula.
In that case, you will need to set its type to REF and to select source table : Students.

If so, you can then use expression <<[related_student].[Nombre]>>.

Is it correct ?
If not, can you please provide:

• start sentence you use
  • expression you use for your lookup formula

Kind regards

Hello ,

An apology for not having explained it correctly, I give you a little more context.

I am generating a report of payments between two dates where I create a virtual column to bring me the information of the payments that match the criteria set. This works correctly in the view, when taking this information to a PDF file through a Bot, in which I tell it to take the virtual column in order to obtain all the information and translate it into the PDF, where it gives me the key Id, which is in the payment record table to which this payment record table is referenced to the student record table.

What I am looking for is to bring the name from the student registration table using the Id key that the virtual column gives me.

I hope I have been clearer, thank you for your support.

Greetings.

Templete
3X_2_e_2e658a4fd2aec2dc8d90e3f4d3e7782695aaf215.png

Payment record table
3X_2_d_2d9075c0c18f11375524700bf9c054fef00759cb.png

Student registration table
3X_4_e_4e86ffb1e8e60c0d4397ede51918f232c8be2210.png

Thanks for the context

What if you use <<[Nombre].[Nombre]>> instead of <<[Nombre]>> in the start/end expression ?

I think (just my opinion) I would be more adequate to rename your column โ€œNombreโ€ from the table Payment into โ€œAlumnoโ€

This way, you can get informations from your alumnos.
like : [Alumno].[Nombre], [Alumno].[Becado], etc.
the header โ€œNombreโ€ in the payment table is confusing

Let us know if that does the job !

Cheers

Thank you very much, I appreciate your time and your support. It worked perfect โ€ฆ

Glad to hear it worked !
Remember to tick the post as a solution, if that may help someone else in your case

Cheers

Top Labels in this Space