Generate several PDF every month, one for each client

Dear AppSheet no-coders,
I want to generate a monthly report of working hours for each client. I have several clients, so the number of reports will vary from month to month and I donโ€™t want to setup an action for each of them.
I have already created the slice that contains all the un-invoiced hours, but I donโ€™t know how to break it down by client so that the rows for each client will go into a separate PDF file. I looked for the solution on this forum and the AppSheet support articles but couldnโ€™t find it: thanks for your help!

Cheers
Gonz

1 8 303
8 REPLIES 8

Do you have a clients table?

Yes, I have two simple tables: a clients table and a table logging the hours by client.

Setup a Report to run monthly then. Use a START expression in your body or attachment template to iterate through the list of Clients (or a Filtered list of Clients).

Thanks @Marc_Dillon, I understand the iteration is performed by the START expression, but I suspect I will end up with all clients on the same PDF. So what does that expression need to include in order to generate a different PDF by client.
I hope I am clear enoughโ€ฆ
G

Iโ€™m sorry I got confused between threads and gave you the wrong info in my previous reply.

Youโ€™ll want to set up your report to run on each row in the clients table. Optionally set a condition for each row.

Your template would NOT use a START expression that would iterate through clients. But rather a START expression that would iterate through records in a related table (like the slice of un-invoiced hours), based on each client.

Thanks, no problem.
We are getting there. However, in my hours log table, I may have several rows with the same client, so I would end up with several reports per client nowโ€ฆ
But I guess I could set it up the other way around: run the report on the client table, with a report for each row, and have the un-invoiced hours rows of the time log table as a โ€œchildโ€ to the client table? Is that the idea ?

No you wouldnโ€™t. You are running the report for each row of the client table.

Thatโ€™s exactly what I already said.

Yes

Great, I understand now. I went a little too fast when reading your answer
Thanks again
Gonz

Top Labels in this Space