Wasn’t sure if this should go here or Automation category, so I’ll start here.
I created a Reporting Bot process with two steps -
- Create and save the PDF file
- Send email with retrieved PDF file.
In a private version of an app this all works as expected, file is created and saved in a folder named “Reports”, email is sent with generated file attached and File button in table view loads the PDF document for viewing.
I migrated this process to an app I am a co-author on. An email is sent with the correct file attached but NO FOLDER IS CREATED AND NO FILE SAVED. This is odd since the Email step is designed to retrieve the File after is has been saved in a prior step. The File button in the table, of course, does not display the PDF since no file is saved.
There are no errors reported, and logs indicate the correct path, etc. I have checked and double checked the private version process against the one in the co-authored app. I have had the App Creator/Owner check the cloud to see if maybe the folder was created somewhere where I do not have permissions. No folder found.
- When generating a file to save and specifying a Folder in the task, what is the expected root location to create that specified folder?
- Assuming the process between the two apps is identical, what could cause the private app to save properly but the co-authored app not?
- How can the Email step pick up the file to attach to an email that was supposedly saved to a file and folder in a prior step yet no such file or folder exists?