Want to add a row or trigger an action when a user enters/exits a certain geographical area?
App-creators can capture the user’s location using the HERE() function, but the app-user must still SAVE & SYNC the app to submit data.
AppSheet does not support live streaming of location or geo-fencing triggers.
Using Integromat and the AppSheet API, App-Creators can trigger a webhook to their app when users enter/exit a defined zone.
- The user must install the free Integromat app and enable location services on their mobile device.
- Note: There is no AppSheet-Specific Integromat app, but the HTTP app will work.
Once configured and enabled on a user’s device, app-creators can set up a ‘Scenario’ in Integromat to send an HTTP request when the user enters/exits a zone.
App-creators can add/edit/delete a row, or invoke an action based on the webhook formatting.
- Send Email when delivery arrives without driver<->app interaction
- Auto check-in students or gym members for a class
- Send a text when driver is 1 mile away
Full Disclosure: GreenFlux is an Integromat Partner Developer. I am not asking for referrals, and use of this integration does not require a paid plan. This info is to benefit the AppSheet developer community.