Get autoincremental in postgres

Hello everyone, I am using a postgres database, I would like to know if for my tables I can make an autoincremental column from postgres, or should I always use the uniqueid () ?.

thanks!

0 5 263
5 REPLIES 5

You can use bothโ€ฆ internal autoincremental column for Database and UNIQUEID() for the App. You need to do this because you canโ€™t leave the key columnโ€™s value as blank.

I understand, I mean that to work from appsheet I must always use the [ID] column (uniqueid ()) ?.
Do you know how to do an autoincremental in postgres?
And you know what kind of fields should I use in my database in postgres? I donโ€™t know if the columns should be formatted in postgres and then in my appsheet.

thanks you very much

Wellโ€ฆ the UNIQUEID() is best option. Though it depends what kind of table/column structure you have. Unfortunately Iโ€™m not PostgreSQL expert. Maybe other people from this community might know this database better.

Thank you very much.
I have heard that when we use sql databases, such as postgres, mysql, โ€ฆ, the type of column format in this database is varchart, if this is true? In terms of consumption and performance, what would be the best?

regardless of the database

If I have understood this correctly, yes varchar is the correct field type.

Top Labels in this Space