So basically I have a simple workflow that creates a file from a template and saves it in a specific place in my Google Drive. This workflow happens every time a specific action is done. new files are constantly being created and saved in the google drive. How (when the file is created) can i fetch the URL of the SPECIFIC file that was created, to store in a database where users can then view each of these files?
Hi Jason, give this a try and let me know if it works.
- Add a file column to your table
- Make sure you use a formula to set the filename in the “Save File” workflow.
- Create an action (call it “set filepath”) that sets the value of the file column using the same formula as the “Save File” action.
- Add the “set filepath” action as an additional step in your workflow after the “save file” step
- Create another action called “open file” with a condition to only be visible when “filepath” is not blank. The do this is “open a file” and the target is the file column
Thanks for the response!
So, i now have my file column saved set as the “FILE” type.
and my formula is as follows “appsheet/data/[InspectionID]”. the inspection ID is the name of the file, and ive tried adding “.PDF” to the end of it. I keep getting a browser error of “file/directory not found”, is my formula wrong or am i missing something?
do you have the file being saved to a custom path or is it just going to the app default path?
The formula you have above should look like this:
you can also use the concatenante function:
If you are using the default folder for the app you should just need this:
It works thanks! i used the concatenate method and it worked perfectly!