Giant white space when using nested table column

Does anyone have a solution to the giant white space below rows in a deck view with nested table columns? It would be really nice to be able to display more than 2 lines of text while getting the swipe left and right functionality of the deck view

2 7 535
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

@morgan Any thoughts about this?

@Austin_Lambeth Were you able to find a solution for this? The giant white space looks terrible.

@Steve perhaps you have some thoughts on this?

Iโ€™m with @Grant_Stead on this.

Solution is donโ€™t use them until theyโ€™re โ€œfixedโ€. Theyโ€™re disgusting and Iโ€™m assuming its just auto padding the spacing for 5 rows or so.

The aesthetics of the nested tables is the reason why I donโ€™t ever use them.

Exactly. I was excited to see the feature added at first, but after testing I chose not to use it based on aesthetics.

Iโ€™ve had plenty of use-case where nested tables would have been perfect, but this feature just isnโ€™t ready for prime-time.

I donโ€™t want to show my clients a view that looks like that and tell them thatโ€™s the best I, or AppSheet, can do. It gives the wrong impression about both of our capabilities.

I usually just opt for a detail view, grouping, or some form of LINKTOFILTEREDVIEWโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space