GIFs???? When did that happen? Thank you!...

GIFs???

When did that happen?

Thank you!

1 13 1,188
13 REPLIES 13

Yes! But they only work if the image is linked (not uploaded).

@Peter I actually uploaded that photo! Thatโ€™s why I was so surprised.

cl.ly - Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 06.12.34.82 PM.mp4

In the video, I start with a gif already uploaded then clear it.

I upload the same one, then navigate to another form (the forward button) that pulls in the photo uploaded in the previous form.

I then go back and change the photo, doing it all over again but with a different image, showing itโ€™s actually taking what Iโ€™m uploading. Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 06.12.34.82 PM.mp4 cl.ly

Hm, guess I need to re-examine! I would test whether the animate gif still works after itโ€™s been synced to your data source. I was under the impression that it would stay animated as long as itโ€™s cached, but no longer be animated after sourcing from the data source (particularly Google Drive). Maybe not??

Hmmmโ€ฆ checking @Peter

@Peter

touche, good sir.

cl.ly - Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 07.30.46.10 PM.mp4

You can even see the gif animation starting at the same point, even though thereโ€™s a form change. Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 07.30.46.10 PM.mp4 cl.ly

Ah, darn - Not sure what our options are, but Iโ€™ll keep you posted if I hear any updates about this!

Hi @Peter! Hi @MultiTech_Visions!

Update:

This is great @Kirk_Masden, thanks for the updates - Iโ€™ll be trying it out later today!

ditto

How do you add gifs to your app? I can not find tutorials anywhere ๐Ÿ˜ž why is there so much digging to find out the answers lol 

Hi,

Here's how to do it :

1 - You may go to your Google Drive, add your gif in any folder. Then right click on it > Share > set 'Everyone can read'.

2 - Then go to this website , paste the link to your image hosted in drive, it will return the direct link of it.

3 - Create a new column Image type.

4 - In the column option, there a field where you can put the URL of the image.  Put the direct link within URL field.

Thank you very much! When I change the column to IMAGE I do not see a URL field, is it labeled as something else? Thank you!

It's in fact Image/File folder path, sorry for the confusion ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Top Labels in this Space