Go back to default view when done editing

Is there a way to force the app to sync and return to the default view when a user has hit the “save” button in a certain UX? (or to add an action button that syncs the app and then returns to the default view)?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 7 903
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Belinda
You can set an action with prominence to no display for that table and set this action as a form saved action:

LINKTOVIEW("YourViewName") & "&at=" & (NOW()+1)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Belinda
You can set an action with prominence to no display for that table and set this action as a form saved action:

LINKTOVIEW("YourViewName") & "&at=" & (NOW()+1)

Thank you sir! That was exactly what I was looking for !

You’re welcome

@LeventK - can you explain your use of “ & “&at=” &(NOW()+1)” in the action so we can all understand the logic?

@Mike,
It forces the app to sync first before triggering the deep link. That’s a nice trick that I have learned from @Aleksi and @praveen. Provided you are using delayed sync and background updates along with some VC calculations, REF_ROWS or even with AppSheet API and scripting, it let’s you to view the calculated data right in the app. In fact it’s not different than letting the calculations work and making a manual sync to fetch the back-end data to the app, but it relieves you from performing it manually.

Thanks for sharing @LeventK! Great thing to keep in mind. So many nuances

You’re welcome @Mike, truly my pleasure.

Top Labels in this Space