Good afternoon, I had to take over an app fr...

Good afternoon,

I had to take over an app from a previous CIO who is no longer with our company. I’ve been working with my DBA on it and we’ve got a lot of work done on it. So here’s my generic question. The app is for a help desk ticketing system front end. In there is a place to add pictures to the tickets.

I had to change the data source for the pictures since the old CIO took the old data source with him when he left. I changed the data source to a new Google Drive account and created a Google Sheets to go with it. Although I could create a Smartsheet to go with it if needed.

Where is the documentation on what I need to put into that base spreadsheet to make it so that it can store pictures? First I was surprised that it had to have a spreadsheet to store images but it seems everything in Appsheet goes through that.

Either that or I am setting it up incorrectly.

Thank you for your help in advance. I was really surprised to see how active this community was. I’ve been a G+ user since the beginning and here this was. edit - And under the category of “Well duh” the spreadsheet column now says Image. So now to find out what the rest needs to say since this brought up a list of warnings. So much closer.

0 3 318
3 REPLIES 3

You are correct. You need to use spreadsheet for saving your images because you need to tell for the app where those images are and what is the file name.

When you add a image column, you can identify the folder path for your image from the column’s definition.

@Aleksi_Alkio What would that look like if its also Google Drive?

If you mean the option “FolderLocation”, you could either write it directly like /FolderName/CustomerName or you could write a formula something like… =CONCATENATE("/Customers/",[Customer],"/",[PROJECT_ID].[PROJECT_NAME])

Top Labels in this Space