Good afternoon. Is it possible to use the ima...

Good afternoon. Is it possible to use the images from one app in another by referring to their location, without having to copy them? Thank you

0 4 383
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@Javier_Alvarez Please refer to this post:

plus.google.com - Folder Location Property I do have two apps, which refers to the exactly samโ€ฆ Folder Location Property I do have two apps, which refers to the exactly samโ€ฆ plus.google.com

Hi. Assuming that the Default app folder is / appsheet / data / IngentronBase-391536 and that the images were in the directory / articles_Images / How would the FolderLocation be to access the images from another APP? I have tried with what I consider all the options and I can not do it. Thank you

@Javier_Alvarez Hi Javier, this definitely works as I use it a lot between specific per user apps and also a public app. You do need to take care that both (or all apps) have the correct access rights. Therefore, if you have a public app that is where the images would need to sit to ensure that anyone with the public app can access them. If you were to put them in a folder that can only be accessed by a โ€œper userโ€ app then the public app would be unable to access them.

The easiest way to establish the correct path is to go back to the data table that has the image you want and then copy and paste it. This is an example of one of mine

โ€œProperty Gallery_Images/04-18-2018 08-20-44.Image - Property.072103.jpgโ€

Whilst I havenโ€™t tested it in your case I would assume it should be possible to extend the path along the lines of

โ€œappsheet/data/IngentronBase-391536/articles_Images/imagename.jpgโ€

To be candid I tend to keep my data centrally with all the relevant tables sat in the same data folder which means AppSheet creates itโ€™s subfolders in the same place so I have not really come across the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space