Good day, I have a main table, with several ...

Good day,

I have a main table, with several ref tables to it. My question is, is it possible to manually controll the column order in the main table? I wish the ref collums to come “higher” up on the list when i use it as a form.

I tried with the UX views and “Column order” but didnt seem to work? Maybe i did something wrong. Or that just implies after form is filled?

Thank you

Have a nice day

0 9 313
9 REPLIES 9

Yes, create a slice without any filter formulas, from there you can move the columns around…

You’ll them have to make a form view that looks at that slice

As @Grant_Stead said, use a slice. Once you start using a slice, try to use it exclusively; try to avoid using the table itself.

For sure… I always make a slice TABLENAME_MS (for main slice) without any conditions, That way I can easily change all of the refrows, views, etc… Also, i’ll probably continue doing this after they enable column control direct on the form view, that way if I want to add a filter to the slice I can without having to jump through hoops…

@Steven_Coile (I’ve got some inside info that there, actively working on column control directly in the form view…)

Amazing guys! I will jump straight to it Have a superb weekend!

One question, the Slice changed the view now but only after the form has been filled out. Any way to move the collums in the actual form? Not just the view?

Thanks!

@Aktar_As no, currently the only way you can adjust the columns in the form is through the slice… Then you must go into each view and explicitly define where you want the columns

Sorry! Managed now, didnt realize i had to add it as a table in UX Thank you ! This is an amazing feature.

@Aktar_As Yes, and when you are navigating the different views the bottom right of the emulator tells you which exact view you are on, you may need to create all of the views on that slice if you need them. Have Fun!

Top Labels in this Space