Good day, new to AppSheet, learning so much a...

Good day, new to AppSheet, learning so much and grasping all the lingo.

I’m trying to create a dispatch form for our drivers; where they can select common items to be picked up such as: equipment, steel, med waste, cardboard, plastic, pallets, trash…etc. when they arrive a customer site.

It is an environmental sustainability recycle business. What’s the best way to add this feature to the form? I’ve already created my google sheet columns for: pick up date, customer, all contact info, signature for driver and customer, date/time signed. And another tab for ITEMS, which lists the commodities, # of pallets; and stuck trying to merge the two; but it looks nice!

Can multiple tasks be done in 1-app? For example, a typical day of recycle. 1. Driver picks up commodities from client, driver selects types of commodity & enters # of pallets on form,

client/driver signs the form, client gets a copy. 2. Driver brings the commodities to the warehouse, weighs each commodity and sorts into bins. Then a certificate of destruction is given to customer.

Later, 3. as the container/bins fill, it goes out to sell, donated to recycle, or pay to landfill.

My next question is can I do these tasks while in prototype? Or do I need to upgrade? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

0 6 326
6 REPLIES 6

You should be able to fully realize your app as a prototype, but you will need to upgrade to put the app in your drivers’ hands for routine use.

Further, nothing in your description of the desired functionality would seem to preclude doing it all in a single app.

Thank you Steve

Sometimes, it is a good idea to have a different app for each category of user — eg: an app for the drivers and an app for the people who work at the warehouse. Especially if the functionality does not overlap

@praveen thanx Praveen. It’s time for me to upgrade to access more features.

@Luvi_Navarro, of course we’re happy if you upgrade but you don’t need to upgrade to use the features. You can experiment with almost all the features in the Free plan as long as you are prototyping.

Top Labels in this Space