Good morning from a given column How can I re...

Good morning from a given column How can I return the month written in full letters to another column?

Example

Column: Date 02/10/2018

Column: Month February

thank God bless you

0 8 351
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Francesco_Santoro Try MONTH([Date])

Sorry but it is normal that this formula ends like this 12? , true, โ€œDecemberโ€)

Hi @Francesco_Santoro , yes that is the format of the IFS () expression. I have tested it as well. I request you to try it. Please do revert in case you face any challenge.

Hi @Francesco_Santoro, I also request you to go through the note that was released when this function was introduced.

plus.google.com - IFS() function โ€“ new feature We just added the IFS() function for expressioโ€ฆ

Hope this helps. IFS() function โ€“ new feature We just added the IFS() function for expressioโ€ฆ plus.google.com

One way is the SWITCH expressionโ€ฆ

=SWITCH(MONTH([Date]), 1,โ€œJanuaryโ€, 2,โ€œFebruaryโ€, 3,โ€œMarchโ€, 4,โ€œAprilโ€, 5,โ€œMayโ€, 6,โ€œJuneโ€, 7,โ€œJulyโ€, 8,โ€œAugustโ€, 9,โ€œSeptemberโ€, 10,โ€œOctoberโ€, 11,โ€œNovemberโ€, โ€œDecemberโ€)

hi @Aleksi_Alkio, SWITCH statement is much cleaner, compact expression.

Hi @Francesco_Santoro, To add to guidance given by @Lynn, in case you are looking for months by their names, you may wish to try the following expression,

=IFS( MONTH([Date])=1, โ€œJanuaryโ€, MONTH([Date])=2, โ€œFebruaryโ€,MONTH([Date])=3, โ€œMarchโ€, MONTH([Date])=4, โ€œAprilโ€,MONTH([Date])=5, โ€œMayโ€, MONTH([Date])=6, โ€œJuneโ€,MONTH([Date])=7, โ€œJulyโ€, MONTH([Date])=8, โ€œAugustโ€,MONTH([Date])=9, โ€œSeptemberโ€, MONTH([Date])=10, โ€œOctoberโ€,MONTH([Date])=11, โ€œNovemberโ€, true, โ€œDecemberโ€)

Hope this helps

Top Labels in this Space