Good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening, G...

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Good morning, Good afternoon, Good evening, Good night all!

I am currently having trouble with my virtual columns… I would like to display certain virtual columns of a record on one table view but not another within the app. However, all columns are being shown for both tables…

I tried to slice the data in hopes that this would work, but it seems that the virtual columns are not bound by the slices? Not sure how to go about this… Please help.

Thank you!

0 25 966
  • UX
25 REPLIES 25

You need to create two separate slices and then use these slices as a source for you views. Please check that your virtual columns are not hidden and they are in the slice as well.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Thanks Aleksi, however, the slice is automatically including virtual columns that aren’t in the slice? That’s my issue

Thanks,

Harry2
Participant V

@Giomar_Diez I can see in our database that you have 3 different accounts with us, so we’ll need your account ID, the name of the app (you can give us the name that you gave the app instead of the app’s ID), and the names of the affected table, slice, and views. You can either share the information here, or you can send it to us at appsheet@support.com. If you decide to send it to us, please include a link to this post in the email. Thank you.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Account ID: 207747 , App Name: Reno Zion, Table Name: Bible Studies, Slice: Studies, UX Views: Appointments (as the slice) and Studies (as the dashboard).

Thank you! I hope this gets resolved asap

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

@Giomar_Diez @Harry@Aleksi_Alkio

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Just want to say, you guys have created a really awesome platform that even a church can utilize and reap great benefits from… Thank you so much, God bless you both.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

@Giomar_Diez And the rest of the

team of course

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

+Dinh Nguyen

Sorry, if you sent me anything I didn’t get it… has there been an update at all?

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Yeah there has lol… sorry. @Harry

Account ID: 207747 , App Name: Reno Zion, Table Name: Bible Studies, Slice: Studies, UX Views: Appointments (as the slice) and Studies (as the dashboard).

Thank you! I hope this gets resolved asap

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

@Giomar_Diez Hello? Did you not get my message again? @Harry@Philip_Garrett_Appsh@Aleksi_Alkio

You haven’t added any virtual columns into your “Studies” slice and that’s why you can’t see them.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

No… that’s the point. But the dashboard view is including the virtual columns and they are showing up in my application.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

@Giomar_Diez If you don’t mind assisting that would be great - @Aleksi_Alkio

So… do you want to see them in your dashboard view or not?

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Sorry for not being clear… I do not want to see the virtual columns that I purposely excluded from my slice on my dashboard.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

I think I have found a way to go around that system anyways… so thank you for your assistance. Really, thank you.

Excellent

Harry2
Participant V

@Giomar_Diez Hi Giomar, sorry we were not able to get back to you sooner. If you run into any other problem, I recommend sending your questions directly to us at support@appsheet.com so that we can address them sooner.

Harry2
Participant V

@Giomar_Diez Hi Giomar, once you have created the slices, you will need to hook up the UX views to the slices as well. If the views remain hooked to the original table, they will display all columns in the table.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

@Harry Hey, I got a little closer to the problem… I was already making sure the UX view was pointing to the new slice. When I looked into that view it worked as it was supposed to, but the problem is the dashboard view. Even though the original table is depicting the infromation correctly the dashboard view is not. Please advise.

Harry2
Participant V

@Giomar_Diez Could you elaborate on what the problem with the dashboard view is? Is the view inside the dashboard view displaying all the correct columns in the slice? Please provide as much relevant information as possible, since I do not have any context or knowledge of your app or how it is supposed to work.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

Your statement is correct. The dashboard displays the same in information as the slice but for some reason it is also displaying the virtual columns which the slice inside the dashboard does not… Not sure why.

Harry2
Participant V

@Giomar_Diez You have double-checked to make sure that the view added to the dashboard is the view that is connected to the slice, not the view of the original table? If you still can’t figure out what’s wrong, please give us the names of the relevant app, table, slice, and view, so that we can take a look.

Giomar_Diez
Participant II

How do I define the app for you? Just by name? Thank you.

I have double-checked

Giomar_Diez
Participant II
Top Labels in this Space