Google API Level

EIG

Hello,
Does anyone know when the Google API level will be updated to level 28? I think, per the link below, that AppSheet will have to update this and then Google white label users will then need to resubmit the APK. Please let me know if this is something that I can fix.

Edit: November 1st is the deadline that Google has set for this.

Solved Solved
1 5 423
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A quick update after speaking to one of our developers this evening. The API was updated back in July and thereโ€™s a chance the application is trying to upload an apk generated before the update took place. Try generating a new apk and if you continue to encounter an issue with this matter please reach back out.

Happy app building!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thank you for your question @EIG! Iโ€™m doing a bit of digging on this, Iโ€™ll ping you once we have more information.

A quick update after speaking to one of our developers this evening. The API was updated back in July and thereโ€™s a chance the application is trying to upload an apk generated before the update took place. Try generating a new apk and if you continue to encounter an issue with this matter please reach back out.

Happy app building!

While trying to update my app on Google Play, I had the following news:

Upload failed
Your appโ€™s desired API level is currently 27. However, this level must be at least 28 for your app to use the latest APIs, which feature security and performance optimizations.

I have been getting this message when tried to upload apk to google play. I had received this apk on 2 of august 2020.

What can I do to rectify it? Help!!!

Upload failed

Your app currently targets API level 28 and must target at least API level 29 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your appโ€™s target API level to at least 29.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for this issue.

Top Labels in this Space