Google Big Query

School_Bus
Participant V

Now that you are a part of google and they announced Google Sheets integration with big query, could this be packaged together? Can there be some function that allows base data to be kept in the google sheet, but the appsheet is really just recording all data to BigQuery?

Status Open
10 6 1,246
6 Comments
EIG
Participant V

I guess a first step would be to allow BigQuery as a data source.

lamontfr
Participant III

A solution that currently works is :

• Use a Google Sheets spreadsheet as the data source for an AppSheet App
  • In BigQuery, define a table configured as external data for each sheet used by the AppSheet App
  • A Query executed in BigQuery can then access all the data from the AppSheet App as soon as sync is completed.
shaaland
Staff

Hi All,

I hope you all have seen the announcement for the new BigQuery data source that is currently in Preview mode and available to all users. You can find the announcement here.

R,
Scott

Romain_Marechal
Explorer

Can you describe a little bit more your process?

lamontfr
Participant III

Hi @Romain_Marechal ,

First you need to open a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) account, which gives you 1 TB of free querying per month. See Google Cloud Free Program

Next see Querying Drive data  |  BigQuery  |  Google Cloud and follow the instructions for creating and querying permanent external tables.

Then you can execute queries directly in the BigQuery Console UI or using Google Apps Script. See BigQuery Service  |  Apps Script  |  Google Developers

I hope this helps.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager