Google Cloud Database

It appears to me that to authorize my app to connect to my Google Cloud Database, I have to add a long list of IP addresses individually to the authorized networks section on my Cloud Account. Given the changing relationship between Appsheet and Google have there been any chances in this regard?

0 6 353
6 REPLIES 6

No, you still need to add those IP addresses.

TDhers

Hi Ray, While this might evolve in the future for the next few months things are unchanged and you still need the IP Whitelisting.
Thierry

Thanks for that.

Hi - I know this is a year old topic. Iโ€™m revisiting it, as Iโ€™m running into the same question. Iโ€™ve got a PostgreSQL server โ€œin the cloudโ€ and would like to connect AppSheet to it - but as expected, the DBaaS host firewall is blocking AppSheet. It looks like Iโ€™ll need to something like 40 IP addresses to the firewall rules. Is this really the case? Iโ€™m assuming the list on the following page is correct:

Just feels a bit cumbersome to have to do this. I was hoping that perhaps a more streamlined approach was developed over the last year.

Thanks,
Jon

Unfortunately, thatโ€™s still the process.

Thanks Steve. Unfortunately the โ€œdatabase as a serviceโ€ platform we use today requires each each new whitelisted IP to be entered via their web interface one at a time. No way to submit a group of rules, add comments indicating what stakeholder groups are associated with the IPs (we have to track that separately ourselves), etc. Great price and high availability / performance as the actual hosting is on our choice of AWS, Azure, GCP, Dreamhost at a fixed price, but weโ€™re stuck with a very basic set of configuration controls โ€“ reasonable trade off at our stage of development, but as we can see, this will be really cumbersome for managing the whitelisted IPs for AppSheet.

Top Labels in this Space