GPS real time tracking of delivery

Ahmed_Zeidan
Participant II

Dear all, there have been multiple requests around the ability to track the delivery status in real time, is there are any progress on this feature request, we urgently need this feature to track our deliveries ? also is it possible we can get the data feed from another device ? like blackbox in vehicle through API or something and display that in the app sheet ?

Solved Solved
3 12 3,575
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ahmed_Zeidan this is one solution:

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Ahmed_Zeidan this is one solution:

Ahmed_Zeidan
Participant II

would love to have native function in appsheet which can do that directly without several other apps which the driver need to install on his mobile

TDhers
Participant V

HI Ahmed,
Thank you for advocating for this feature. Very much needed and desired.
We are still very much hoping to be able to release it eventually, but I want to be candid with everyone, it canโ€™t be in the near term for compliance, privacy steps we have to take now that we are part of Google and that are on the timeline out of our control.
If you need something in the short term, then youโ€™ll have to resort to using other route tracking type softwareโ€ฆ
We are working on an IFrame type view that we hope to release in the next few weeks and that should be able to enable you to host these other route tracking type views inside of an Appsheet Dashboard soon I hope.

Thierry

did they already launch it?

Really curious about the compliance restrictions. There are apps that does that in the store wouldn't a simple permission (like they do) be enough to cover the compliance? just curious. This feature is a no brainer in this day and age, calculating distances manually is just a waste of time.

did you manage to create the function in real time?

Ahmed_Zeidan
Participant II

No so far

We need this function so that the gps is saved in real time because that way we don't have to be saving the location manually.

RohitGaur
Participant II

Hello Guys, any progress on this feature?

Nope.

Do we have any update on this feature?

If your question is when I frame feature is going to be avaialble? 

Then it was said around Q1 2023

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/iFrame-UX/idc-p/485541/highlight/true#M7944

Top Labels in this Space