Grayed Out Font on Field

TIA. I have a phone column that is showing in a grayed-out font and can not seem to change it no matter what I do. What am I missing?
Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 4.57.32 PM.pdf (1.2 MB)

0 10 999
10 REPLIES 10

Iโ€™ll assume youโ€™ve checked the Edit? flag for that column already, yes?

Is it the Key column? Key columns values cannot be changed once the record is created.

Yes it is the Key column. What specifically am I looking for under the edit? The reason Iโ€™m needing change, is a user is complaining they canโ€™t read that field do the the color.

Key column values cannot be modified once the row is saved the first time.

Column values that cannot be modified are grayed-out in form views to indicate they cannot be modified. There is no way to affect the appearance in this case.

That the value is difficult to read is a legitimate complaint. Note to @Arthur_Rallu.

Your option is to add and display a column of type Show that contains the desired text.

Thanks @Steve for flagging this.
Thanks @Drew_Suhr for reporting this issue. Iโ€™m first checking with our UX designer @Mike_Moss if we use a standard grey to indicate non-editable fields.

One of the ideas.
If the column is not editable, remove the border line which is wrapping the values for non-editable field on form view.

Currently, all the values displayed on form view regardless they are editable or not are wrapped by border line which may bring confusion to us.

Again, just as an idea.

Good afternoon.
Consult please @Arthur_Rallu:  
Is this problem of non-editable fields grayed out, does it still exist or can that color be changed?
(I see that the discussion about how difficult it is to read non-editable fields because of their dim gray color is from January 2021 and I think that maybe I missed something in another post or similar).

I find the greyed out fields difficult to read also.

I also second the complaint that the font color of non-editable fields are too light. Users still want to be able to read the initial content, even if is not editable. Can it be a feature that this is changeable in the UX Format options or rules? Or just a global change to something darker. Thanks

Agreed with the above comments. Please allow us to modify the UX format of non-editable fields, or at the very least change it to a darker color so it is easier to read.

Agree with the above comments. Viewing uneditable virtual columns is essential in my app and we cannot read the font. Removing the border is an obvious fix to indicate non-editable condition.

Top Labels in this Space