Group Columns but sort based on different column

Hey Guys,

Don’t think this would be difficult to implement and sure this could be useful in a variety of situations but I’m looking to be able have more options when something is grouped.

Currently we can group items and only sort them ascending/descending based on the column itself.
In a dire need to be able to group and sort these groups based on a different column.

Please Vote!!!

Status Open
4 4 309
4 Comments
Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please clarify. Columns can already be sorted independently of group sorting.

Jonathan_S

I want to sort the grouped items based on another column, but it always seems to default back to sorting the groups (Ascending/Depending) overriding the specified Sort.

I believe the sort we have control of, is the sorting of the items inside the groups themselves. Not the sorting of the groups themselves, this we only have the option for ascending/descending.
Lemme know if this is clear enough @Steve

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

DannyD_PNG
Bronze 2
Bronze 2

I upvoted this idea. I also want more options for sorting groups. I have a deck view where I group by the Team field. When I choose to group by Team, I can only sort by Ascending or Descending. I would like the option to manually choose the sort order. I would like to be presented with a list of all the values in the Team field and then drag and drop them to indicate my preferred order. To be clear, I would like to manually sort the order in which the groups themselves appear. I am not referring to the order in which items within the group are sorted.