Group data by month & year

Hello, I’ve just developed my app to store users. It also contains a date enrolled field. Is it possible to count the users enrolled grouped by month/year. Should I first create a slice then a chart? A looked at the histogram with count option but I need to summarise by month/date.
Thanks
Paul

0 8 3,998
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Was there ever an answer to this? I am trying to Group By the month of a transaction and Sort by day within the month i.e., the user can quickly see how many deals there were in a month and then a list of each deal sorted by date. If I concatenate, the Ascending / Decending groups awkwardly (it show 12/20 then 12/19, 12/18, etc., instead of by month 12/20, 11/20, 10/20… Curios if this got solved.

Add a Virtual Column that shows the month of the transaction, and use it for grouping.

Does this actually group the data into months and years?

Hi Steve
Thanks for the response. Each row has a enrolment date. Is it possible to group it by month year. I don’t want a histogram for each individual date.

8/30/2021… no answers here… anyone else have any update on this? I’m trying to display a standard line chart showing the payments for each month broken down by month and year. When I use the MONTH() function, I am only returned the month of the date, but not the year.

My workaround was to create a virtual column and use the formula: CONCATENATE(MONTH([Name of date column]), “/”, YEAR([Name of date column])). I created a histogram chart with the column being the Date column and the group aggregate being a sum of total paid (for my personal project).

I created a virtual column to group sales dates, then grouped together on a histogram to show the number of sales per month/year

TEXT([Sale_Date], “MM/YYYY”)

Top Labels in this Space