Grouped Deck View

new-feature
(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #1

Similar to Table grouping, Deck views can now be grouped by a particular field (thanks @morgan!) . This can be established for each Deck view by modifying the ‘Group By’ and ‘Group Aggregate’ settings:

In this particular example, I grouped by the same field twice, creating the effect of ‘drilling-down’ into each category:

14 Likes
(Bituminous Roadways) #2

This is awesome, your read my mind!

(Jonathon Sinclair) #3

Awesome, I’ll be making use of this immediately…

(Marc Dillon) #4

Thank you!

March Office Hours Webinar
(Zikri Zainal) #5

Hi, did this however the Group Count did not appear, how so?

And also, i see you category has symbols for Dogs, Kitchen/Food, etc. How do we do that?

Please dont show something that we cant do on AppSheet :stuck_out_tongue:

(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #6

@Zikri_Zainal those icons can be set in UX > Format Rules

2 Likes

Hi @Peter What is the Dog Icon called? I dont seem to be able to find it.

(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #8

Ah, my mistake! @Lynn @Zikri_Zainal Those are icons I used from nounproject.com and included in my table. They are set as a label in addition to the item names, so they will show up in the grouping.

1 Like
(Zikri Zainal) #9

Thank you!

(Michael Pinto) #10

@Peter
What do use to make GIF like you used for the example of the deck view

(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #12

@Michael_Pinto I’m using ‘DU Recorder’ for quick mobile screen recordings like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duapps.recorder

1 Like
(Phillip Fulgham) #13

@Peter, this is exciting for sure. In a small way, the ability to drill down is the phone/mobile device equivalent of a interactive dashboard on a larger device (tablet landscape and greater). With this in mind, is there a way to tell appsheet to show a view for phone, based on device size? Then show a different view when screen size is greater than some amount where the interactive dashboard would show instead?

@psfulgham
Not sure if this completely solves your request, but have you looked at using a CONTEXT formula in the Show If condition for a view? I use this to display a different view for mobile vs browser use.
eg: for the specific view to only show on browser, use CONTEXT(“Host”)<>”Device”

(Peter Dykstra (AppSheet)) #15

@psfulgham Seconding @Mike’s comment - just posted a couple ideas here: Hiding Fields in Certain Views

With that in mind, it’s not only good to consider when to show/hide certain views, but also what your default view should be - you can set that in UX > Options

1 Like