Grouped Deck View

Similar to Table grouping, Deck views can now be grouped by a particular field (thanks @morgan!) . This can be established for each Deck view by modifying the ‘Group By’ and ‘Group Aggregate’ settings:
1X_4e44e81f8c7115f0fbc431530a7932cd2b09b497.png

In this particular example, I grouped by the same field twice, creating the effect of ‘drilling-down’ into each category:

1X_f12e4d98b78e8576f6fdb4ab922794bb8f6b4dbf.gif

19 19 4,309
19 REPLIES 19

This is awesome, your read my mind!

Jonathon
Participant V

Awesome, I’ll be making use of this immediately…

Thank you!

Zikri_Zainal
Participant II

Hi, did this however the Group Count did not appear, how so?

And also, i see you category has symbols for Dogs, Kitchen/Food, etc. How do we do that?

Please dont show something that we cant do on AppSheet

@Zikri_Zainal those icons can be set in UX > Format Rules

Hi @Peter What is the Dog Icon called? I dont seem to be able to find it.

Ah, my mistake! @Lynn @Zikri_Zainal Those are icons I used from nounproject.com and included in my table. They are set as a label in addition to the item names, so they will show up in the grouping.

Zikri_Zainal
Participant II

Thank you!

Skip2MiLu
Participant V

@Peter
What do use to make GIF like you used for the example of the deck view

@Michael_Pinto I’m using ‘DU Recorder’ for quick mobile screen recordings like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duapps.recorder

psfulgham
Participant III

@Peter, this is exciting for sure. In a small way, the ability to drill down is the phone/mobile device equivalent of a interactive dashboard on a larger device (tablet landscape and greater). With this in mind, is there a way to tell appsheet to show a view for phone, based on device size? Then show a different view when screen size is greater than some amount where the interactive dashboard would show instead?

@psfulgham
Not sure if this completely solves your request, but have you looked at using a CONTEXT formula in the Show If condition for a view? I use this to display a different view for mobile vs browser use.
eg: for the specific view to only show on browser, use CONTEXT(“Host”)<>”Device”

@psfulgham Seconding @Mike’s comment - just posted a couple ideas here: Hiding Fields in Certain Views

With that in mind, it’s not only good to consider when to show/hide certain views, but also what your default view should be - you can set that in UX > Options

Just noticing that if you try and create a drill-down grouping for the deck view, the system is removing the already selected columns from the available options:
2X_9_9aef8f7344a32aa798220d8b8ee3b1239955b2a7.png

Thanks

Is there plans to let us add more Action items and possible adjust the size of the icon field or allow multiple fields of text in that space.

I don’t need to show pictures, but I have a lot of text fields that i’d like to be able to see in the Card View.

What i’d love is to be able to add 5-6 Action Items and then have 4-5 text fields in the card view. Kind of like having an adjustable Grids in the Card View!!

Mike_T
Participant V

Agree with Austin above…

Any chance to “Group” as a Deck view so you can have images of the groups then select to drill into another deck view of the rows?

This is an old topic so hoping a solution is currently available.

This is already possible by combining deeplinks such as LINKTOVIEW() / LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() with onClick event action you can define in UX views:

3X_2_9_29677074d3fe135a9a63e103db52fd374e95936c.gif

I’ve figured out the gallery to deck view solution. Using LinkToFilteredView, now I’m trying to get the filtered view’s heading to match the selected value. Any suggestions to solve?