Hamburger menu icon: what is it?

Had someone forward this image to me asking what the icon meant:
2X_4_4e53b4a6677b341dc552df71d4da0d9e5068db6d.jpeg

I’m not exactly sure what it’s indicating and can’t find any documentation about it.

Anyone got some hints??? (^_^)

Solved Solved
0 4 667
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This icon means your app is caching images for offline use. It was added after some app creators complained that their users weren’t aware the app is not done caching all the images and went offline, and then some images weren’t available.
However, due to a bug the icon stays even after the caching is done . A fix for this should be out tomorrow afternoon (PDT), at the latest.

Thanks for reporting this!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Open the menu and scroll to the bottom. Are there some options to “revert changes” or something like that. I’ve had a user’s app fail to sync, and then the app got updated, and so the system won’t let them sync data from an old app version to new, or something like that. Not sure if that icon showed up at that point, just a guess.

Possibly, this was forwarded to me from another user so I have little follow up capability. I was hoping someone from the team might comment…

This icon has been showing up on my app launcher for the past day as well. Only showing up on android (tested with s10+). The app is whitelabelled and installed from a .APK file.

There is no option to revert changes.

When it initially showed up it was also met with a “network connectivity problems” message which only happened on the android (despite loading data just fine).

This is as of yesterday or around 27 hours ago.

This icon means your app is caching images for offline use. It was added after some app creators complained that their users weren’t aware the app is not done caching all the images and went offline, and then some images weren’t available.
However, due to a bug the icon stays even after the caching is done . A fix for this should be out tomorrow afternoon (PDT), at the latest.

Thanks for reporting this!

Top Labels in this Space