Has anybody tried to use a SLICE in a DASHBOA...

Has anybody tried to use a SLICE in a DASHBOARD view?

It looks like you cannot use slices (only Tables).

This is a challenges as need different views of the same table filtered (eg: [Status] <> “Inactive”).

Any ideas?

0 7 325
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

Harry2

@Mike_Adler Hi Mike, slices and tables can both be used in dashboard views. First you need to create a view for the slice in question, then you can add this view to the dashboard.

@Harry Hmm. Does not seem to work for me.

The slice do not seem to show in the table picklist when defining the dashboard.

I checked and the slice is not set read only.

I don’t see any of the slice names listed as options in Dashboard “View entries” picklists.

Actually, the table name used for the dashboard view isn’t meaningful. The only important thing are the views chosen to put into the dashboard

Mike, did you make a

UX > new view from the slice?

Lynn is right,

make ux view as ref

view after that you will be able to select it in your dashboard

Thanks all!

I was hoping I could use a slice directly in the dashboard view, rather than making a table => and then a slice => and then a new view => just to add a “filtered” table to a dashboard view.

But… I guess that makes sense.

Views are shown in the dashboard.

It’s just very inefficient, when all I needed was a table filtered (only “active” status).

Will give that a shot!

All set.

Just a lot of steps.

And… as I have a lot of views, I had to be careful how i named the slices and views so I could easily pick the right one (filtered) through the process.

Top Labels in this Space