Has anyone figured out how to batch edit base...

Has anyone figured out how to batch edit based on criteria and without having to select each individual record in bulk edit? Something like “select all”?

I have many orders that are hundreds of line items, I want to be able to assign specific orders specific values using actions, but the only thing I can find is to manually select the records which is not a feasible solution with so many line items and so many orders.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 5 445
5 REPLIES 5

@Mark_Creighton it’s possible using workflow- can you explain what you mean by “specific orders specific values”?

@Bellave_Jayaram For example, we have 30 unique purchase orders in a table. Each purchase order has 100 line items (rows). I want to be able to select 1 of those orders and change all 100 line items of an “In Process” column for that order from “ready to process” to “in process”.

Thanks for your help with this.

Okay, here is one way to do it: 1. Create an action button which will display on the detail view of the purchase order table. Choose condition [In Process]=“ready to Process” and action to “Change the value of a column” - specify the In Process column and value to change to as “in process”. 2. Create an action button (Do Not Display) called setChild2inprocess for the purchase order lineitem table. Choose condition [ParentRef].[In Process]=“in process” and action to “Change the value of a column” - specify the column and value to change to as “in process”. 3. Create a workflow rule for the purchase order table and put this in the trigger condition

AND([_THISROW_BEFORE].[In Process]=“ready to process”, [_THISROW_AFTER].[In Process]=“in process”) and choose data change and set to action “setChild2inprocess”

Awesome! Thanks for that. We’ll try that tomorrow!

Lynn
Participant V

Thank you @Bellave_Jayaram That is the solution I was looking for. Cool!

Top Labels in this Space