Having a table of 500 safely quotes and conta...

Having a table of 500 safely quotes and contact numbers in another table. I want system to send random quote to everyone thru WhatsApp on daily basis. Can I achieve this ? Please advise

0 9 670
9 REPLIES 9

@John_Henry_Joseph

You could use a Report over your Contacts table with the โ€œFor each row in tableโ€ option to create a message for each user in the Contacts table. You could even filter the rows in the Contacts table using a Condition to include some Contacts and exclude others.

You could use the Random function to randomly select a โ€œSafety Quoteโ€ from the โ€œSafety Quotesโ€ table.

I did a quick Google search and it looks like WhatsApp is a closed system with no API so I am not sure how you can send a message to WhatsApp.

Twilio mentions some way to do this, but I donโ€™t know the details.

When I say contacts it means phone number not email Iโ€™d. By having contact number aloneโ€ฆwill report work?

@John_Henry_Joseph

Reports is simply a way to loop over the rows in your table. It doesnโ€™t care what form the row data in your table uses.

Apologies. I didnโ€™t get your point. You meant to say that System can send quotes to contact numbers thru Reports? Please bear with meโ€ฆ

@John_Henry_Joseph

Exactly.

A Report can loop over your Contacts table and take an action for each Contact. We support actions like: 1. Sending an email to an email address 2. Sending an SMS to a phone number 3. Sending a Notification to an email address. We convert the email address into the corresponding Notification Device address automatically. 4. Invoking a webhook

Lots of web services these days have a โ€œREST APIโ€ that can be invoked via a URL by crafting a POST body in the format the web service expects. You can use the โ€œREST APIโ€ to invoke one web service from another.

The AppSheet โ€œwebhookโ€ feature is the way we allow you to invoke a outside web serviceโ€™s โ€œREST APIโ€. The webhook does an HTTP Post to a URL you specify. The Post contains a JSON body which you can control. The body content must be tailored to match what the target web service expects as input.

Each outside web service documents the URL and Post bodies their web service accepts via their REST API.

Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not seem to offer such a REST API. At least I did not see one. I only did a simple Google search, but it indicated that WhatsApp does not offer any public REST API. Maybe a more thorough Google search would turn up something.

The bottom line is that I donโ€™t know how to create an action that sends a WhatsApp message.

Twilio seems to offer a bridge to invoke WhatsApp but I only saw this mentioned and donโ€™t know the details of using the Twilio bridge to WhatsApp. You might be able to create a Twilio account and configure the bridge somehow. I donโ€™t know but I worry it might be very complicated to do that.

whatsmate.net - WhatsMate WhatsApp Gateway API WhatsMate WhatsApp Gateway API whatsmate.net

hi Aleksi, can you explain to me how to using whatsmate integrated with apphseet (webhook) ?

thankyou

Read through some of the articles at BEHAVIOR | Workflow: Invoking Cloud Services in particular this article Invoking Webhooks from a Bot, Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report | AppSheet Help Center gives some good information.

hi graham...

thank you so much with your information....

but do you have a sample apps with webhook ( api-whatsapp )...?

its more easy for me to understand than read the article....

thank you

Top Labels in this Space