Having issues with something, and it must be ...

Having issues with something, and it must be my expressions… This is a little squirley…

I have a table DEV that is recursive in nature, and the following columns [dev_id] which is UNIQUEID() [dev_category] which is an enum [dev_image] which is REF back to DEV

the goal with [dev_image] is to get the [dev_id] for the associated image record. (long story) So, I filtered in the Valid_if which works fine=FILTER(DEV, [dev_category]=QaAfpcTD)

which gives me a good list to select from.

Now I wanted to set the initial value. This is where i’m having issues.

IF [dev_category] = QaAfpcTD THEN I want [dev_image] to initialize as [dev_id] This will create a circular reference, is that an issue? I’m using this, and nothing initializes: =IF([dev_category]=“QaAfpcTD”, [dev_id], “”)

0 4 298
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, I’m not perfectly sure if this would make your story changed, but I felt

there might be some sort of similarity to the case where i posted question in terms of table slice by usersettings. (thanks for your comment !)

I sorted out the problem in expression by changing the element of expression, to change " " onto “True”

What is going to happen if you use “True” instead of “” at the end of your expression?

Sorry for my comment where I dont have perfect clue.

@tsuji_koichi If I changed it to TRUE I think it would open invalid due to my valid criteria for that column.

Your initial value can’t find any of the list because the new Dev_Id is not yet saved to the spreadsheet.

@Aleksi_Alkio so, I can’t use [_THISROW] or something?

Top Labels in this Space