Having Problem in Placing Action Buttons in Form Views

Hi Dear Community,

I would like your assistance in the following;

I have created an action that changes some columns in a row of a table. The button of this action appears on the detail view of the table. And it works there. However, I want to place this button on the form view where it will really streamline the process.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

NeลŸet

0 8 158
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Neset_Kutlug
You cannot have actions in forms but you can have event actions that happen on form save.

Thanks a lot Lynn. This gives a very useful clue for other use cases. However, I need to have the action to be triggered at the discretion of the user. Thus I am afraid I need a button for the user to click when needed.

To be specific; this is an accounting journal voucher entry. The record set has a parent row in table header, and x number of child rows referenced to the parent. The child rows will have debit and credit entries. The user may click the action button on a form entering a child record and equalize the totals of debit and credit entries by updating the related column with the difference of debit and credit totals of the previous rows of the child records of the same parent. Hope this clarifies what I am trying to do.

Thanks once again and Cheers,

NeลŸet

Hi @Neset_Kutlug
Are your child rows Part of your parent table?

Yes they are Lynn.

Im out of ideas at the moment. Its getting late here. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

Thanks a lot Lynn. Appreciate your time. Cheers

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to place action buttons within form views

Thanks a lot Steve. That makes stop looking around for nothing

Top Labels in this Space