Having some problems sorting rows with detail...

Having some problems sorting rows with detail view… It sorts correctly with deckview, tableview, galleryview… but not Detail view… Anyone come across this before?

Same sorting settings for all of them…

Thanks!

0 7 352
7 REPLIES 7

I just tested it and I could not reproduce any issues with sorting on Detail View; what column type did you sort by? I tested on a text column and it worked as expected.

I have a maintable, with 4 tables referencing to the maintable.

I made a detail view on those referencing tables, and wanted to sort the info.

UX -> Views -> Ref Views , then “DetailView”. and “Sort by” BedroomID.

Should then be 1, 2,3 . but it becomes in detail view 3,1,2 og 2,1,3. In tableview its 1,2,3.

Thank you

If you were talking about a Ref View then I don’t think you would need to set “sort by” in that view’s definition, just the initial sort on the table view that leads to this detail view should be enough.

You are right though, I further tested this and when it comes to Ref columns, Table View sorts by the stored value in column (i.e. Key column of the referenced table), but Detail View sorts by the displayed value (Row Label in the referenced table). @praveen @Adam_Stone_AppSheet @Sarah_Gould_AppSheet

Thank you.

Is there any workaround for this? Or do i just wait until its sorted out. Thanks

Well, if you want the sort order in Detail Views to be based on the stored value in Ref column as opposed to the displayed value, you can always add a Virtual Column that contains the stored value, and sort by that Virtual Column.

Top Labels in this Space