Having trouble getting a workflow email to fi...

Having trouble getting a workflow email to fire

Deployed app Workflow set to fire email on UPDATES ONLY Workflow has condition for a certain status and tasker assignee Send to tests correct Email Subject has text Reply to has email From Display has text Preheader has text Email Body Type has DocId set from template generated using the CREATE button

I checked the audit history to see if the workflow fired but it doesnโ€™t appear on the report at all. I deleted and recreated the workflow but nothing. I used the TEST and found a random record, pressed SEND and received an email but its just not firing off the change in the record. What else could stop an UPDATE ONLY workflow from firing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

0 9 366
9 REPLIES 9

@Daisy_Ramirez

Please provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name 4. Your permission to login in as you and debug the rule

Thanks Philip @Daisy_Ramirez

1. Your account id: 506404 2. The app name: Tasker 3. The workflow rule name: New Work Flow rule 4. Your permission to login in as you and debug the rule: Yes

@Daisy_Ramirez

Are you sure you are doing an update that is going to trigger the workflow rule?

Rule โ€œNew Workflow Ruleโ€ is triggered by updates to table โ€œtaskerโ€ or slice โ€œmobile_work_task_viewโ€.

I searched the Audit History for the past 24 hours and I do not see any updates to either table โ€œtaskerโ€ or its corresponding slice โ€œmobile_work_task_viewโ€.

Thanks Philip, the task table is being updated by the workque_complete_task action. I watch the table as it fires and see the record status is being updated to โ€œCompleted for meโ€ as needed.

The overall process is as follows:

1. Tasker marks workque item โ€œCompleteโ€ 2) #1 above fires the complete_work workflow rules which runs the work_que_form_action 3) The work_que_form_action updates the complete date/by etc and finally runs the work_que_complete_task_fr_workque action, which updates the workque_complete_task action 4) The workque_complete_task action sets the task status to โ€œCompleted for meโ€

This is all working perfectly. Is the system not recognizing the task record being updated?

@Daisy_Ramirez

When a workflow rule invokes a Data change action, the Data Change action does not trigger workflow rules. We explicitly turned this off.

We have debated enabling โ€œChainedโ€ workflow actions. That is, workflow actions that trigger child workflow actions, that trigger grandchild workflow actions, and so forth). We have hesitated to do this because of the complexity and the risk of infinite recursion. At some point we may revisit this choice. Your case is a good argument for doing this.

We do trigger workflow rules when the change is performed through the REST API. As a result, changes triggered by Zapier do trigger workflow rule. Zapier uses the REST API behind the curtains.

Can you recommend another way to accomplish this without using Zapier?

I cannot but maybe @Aleksi_Alkio can. He is a genius!

@Daisy_Ramirez Wellโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know if this one help you either. Create a webhook which will trigger the script and then the script can run the API call and that will finally trigger your action. Zapier is not needed but you need to write a script.

Or someone needs to write it. We have tested that this approach is working.

Top Labels in this Space