Having trouble getting app to update with new...

Having trouble getting app to update with new data from spreadsheet.

I have created an app in which data is imported from my accounting system to a google sheet and then I run some calculations for a rather complex commission structure.

Iโ€™ve never been able to get it to sync properly by pushing the sync button but going back to app gallery and reloading the app always used to force it to look for changes on the spreadsheet and load the new data, however today as I have been using the app this is no longer happening and I have to reload the app multiple time to get it to pull the new data. Is there any way to tell it to always look for new data on the spreadsheet?

0 5 393
5 REPLIES 5

tony1

Hi @Aaron_Blau, you might want to read through this article: help.appsheet.com - App Changes Are Not Captured in the Spreadsheet or the App

Also, turning of delta sync (Behavior > Offline & Sync) might be a good place to start (if you have it enabled). App Changes Are Not Captured in the Spreadsheet or the App help.appsheet.com

@tony

Thanks for your reply but syncing to the sheet from the app is not the issue and thatโ€™s what the articles you linked address.

The problem is syncing the app to the sheet when new data is introduced from an outside source.

I create records to be processed by the app by inserting new data into the spreadsheet from my accounting system.

Until today I could paste the data to the spreadsheet and then reload the app by going to the app gallery and reopening the app, as of today it seems to have switched to a timer as reopening the app from the app gallery no longer forces it to check the spreadsheet for new data.

tony1

@Aaron_Blau Did you turn off Delta Sync and table caching?

@Aaron_Blau Delta sync strikes again

@Aaron_Blau , also launching from AppGallery really makes no difference to how it runs.

Top Labels in this Space