Hello all! If I am using a Ref for a drop-d...

Hello all!

If I am using a Ref for a drop-down menu in a form, is there any way to allow for new values to be added to the Ref list in the drop down while people are filling it out?

Or would I have to use the EnumList & allow adding?

I only ask because I want to use the same Enum list in multiple columns, and it is cumbersome to add the same list again and again which is why I had it as a Ref before.

However, I really think my crew will need to add new values over the course of the season, and if this isnโ€™t available with the Ref, I will have to use Enum.

Thanks so much! Miranda

0 6 379
6 REPLIES 6

tony1

@Miranda_Lubarsky If you allow adds to the referenced table, there will be an option to add a new value. That will open up a nested form.

@tony
Thanks for the answer to this question. Youโ€™ve given me hope. However, I canโ€™t find a way to allow a new value to be added to the table. When I click ref on the selected field, and go to the pencil, there is no option to allow add. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!

@dan_R
Consider it like this:

Table Name Column Name Key? Column Type Initial Value AppFormula Reference Table Are Updates Allowed?
Table A Column-5 No Ref - - Table B ADDS_ONLY or ADDS_AND_UPDATES or ALL_CHANGES
Table B Column-1 Yes Text UNIQUEID() - - ADDS_ONLY or ADDS_AND_UPDATES or ALL_CHANGES

When set like this and you open Table A_Form to record any data to Table A, if you expand the dropdown for Colum-5, you will notice New link to create a new record for Table B if the value in the dropdown is not existing.

@tony thank you!!

dan_R

I got it to work!!
Thanks for the reply. My project is almost complete.

Youโ€™re welcome.

Top Labels in this Space