Hello all! I'm having some problems with Rep...

Hello all!

I’m having some problems with Reports. I would like emails to be automatically sent out when a certain planting date happens for some plants.

I actually don’t need a full report, all I need is to specify in the title of the email “Time to Plant Radishes”, etc.

That’s it.

No complicated information needs to be relayed.

Just a reminder basically.

Each crop has a different planting/reminder date that will only occur once/year.

So I set the expression to be something like this:

TODAY() = 04/06/18

However, clearly this did not work because today I got ALL the emails sent to me (about 40 of them) and it is not the same day as any of the dates I used in any of my expressions.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I need to be absolutely sure that these are going to work.

Is my expression wrong?

It verified both in the expression builder and when I saved & verified.

Thanks! Miranda

0 7 313
7 REPLIES 7

Hmm, try TODAY = “04/06/2018”

— assuming you meant April 6th

I believe you need to check what is the planting date in your record and send the email when that date is the same than TODAY(). Instead using for expression, you could use something like… [Planting Date]=TODAY().

@praveen Yes, that’s what I meant.

But how do I know that it will work ahead of time??

I don’t want to wait until April 6th to find out…

And @Aleksi_Alkio , that is what I would like to do, but I don’t want it sent out on all the planting dates, only particular ones that we usually forget about because they are succession plantings in the middle of the season, and so I can’t just specify a column or even a rule within the column because the reasoning is kind of random and not uniform.

But thank you for the idea!!

@Aleksi_Alkio @praveen Is Reports even the correct Behavior field to be using?

Since I don’t want a regular report coming every week, I just want it to be sent the one time, on that date…

So… do you want to send it manually or automatically?

@Aleksi_Alkio Automatically.

But I want to specify the actual date that it is sent out now so I don’t have to deal with it later when the season gets busy.

Add an additional column (Date) into your table and then use that value for triggering. Then you can set that date before and if you don’t add anything into that field, nothing will happen.

Top Labels in this Space